ALL STAR SATURDAY
ALL STAR SATURDAY is June 16, 2018
To: Managers, Coaches, League Presidents, Board Members, Players and Parents.
Welcome to the 19th annual District 31 "ALL STAR SATURDAY". The purpose of this great event is two fold.
- First it is our goal to recognize the kids who have become selected as All-Star players in their leagues through hard work and dedication. Being selected an All-Star is a big event in the life of a young player. To that end we will introduce every All-Star player in District 31 to their families, friends and peers. Souvenir team and individual photos will be taken and offered by GCS Photography. As the tournament progresses, in game, action photos will also be available from GCS Photography.
- Second this event fulfills Little League International Tournament requirements. Eligibility Affidavits will be finalized by the the District Administrator assisted by her District Staff. The few players that have not been certified as eligible to play will be certified on this day.
Remember that a player is not eligible to participate until certified by the District Administration.
- Additionally, a very important local requirement is that every All Star manager and coach must attend the Tournament Rules Clinic that day. There will be a sign in sheet. Please make sure every registered Manager and Coach signs in. Points of emphasis for Tournament play, questions on the Rules and Tournament conditions of play and equipment certification checks and questions will all be covered. As mandated by Little League Rules, all equipment will be checked before every game for compliance. The Equipment Check covers the legality and certification markings for bats, helmets, catching equipment and overall field conditions.
**Upon arrival of all of your Team's Players, Managers and Coaches, please promplty sign in at the Registration Table. ** Teams will be introduced first come, first served by order of check in.
ALL PLAYERS, PLEASE ARRIVE IN UNIFORM.
Teams within Divisions will be introduced and photos taken by the schedule below.
As soon as your team has concluded the introductions, you will be directed to GCS Photography.
- Please take your team immediately for photos.
- Players please bring your GCS Photography order form with you.
ALL STAR SATURDAY SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
All divisions will participate in skill competition which will include a "round the horn throwing" team competition and a "running relay" team competition.
9:00 – 10:00 Juniors Team introductions and photos.
Juniors skills competitions and banner presentations
10:00 – 10:45 Majors Team introductions and photos.10:45 – 11:45 Majors skills competition and banner presentation
12:00 – 1:30 All Star Rules Clinic - Managers/Coaches Clinic **MANDATORY** (bring a lawn chair)
1:30 - 2:15 9/10/11 Year Old Team introductions and photos.
2:15 - 3:15 9/10/11 Year Old Skills Competition and banner presentation.
3:15 - 4:00 8/9/10 Year Old Team introductions and photos.
4:00 - 5:00 8/9/10 Year Old Skills Competition and banner presentations
PRESIDENTS AND PLAYER AGENTS
10:00-11:30/2:30-4:00 Eligibility Certification Finalized
ONLY a league president or player agent can have the Eligibility Affidavit finalized for each team during the day's events.
Congratulations to every All Star! Have a great 2018 tournament.
Skills Competition rules are in the handout.
Directions to Jesmond Dene Park baseball fields:
- Jesmond Dene Park is at the corner of North Broadway and Jesmond Dene Road.
- Exit Interstate 15 to Hwy-78 East.
- Turn North(left) onto Broadway.
- Follow Broadway about 2 miles, past Escondido High School until you see Jesmond Dene Park on the left just before Jesmond Dene Road.